The Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition has been posted to the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition: Funding Availability page on the HUD Exchange. Additional resources are available on the e-snaps page on the HUD Exchange.
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 8:00 PM EDT
The electronic application e-snaps will be available on or after Thursday, June 28, 2018. In the meantime, HUD strongly encourages CoCs, Collaborative Applicants, project applicants, and stakeholders to:
- Carefully and thoroughly read the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition NOFA to understand the information; and
- Begin to plan local competitions based on the information, new and changed, from the previous Competition, provided in the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition NOFA.
Additionally, HUD will post the FY 2018 Estimated Annual Renewal Demand (ARD) Report to the HUD Exchange on or after Thursday, June 28, 2018 that will include the amounts a CoC may apply for: CoC planning, Bonus, and Domestic Violence (DV) Bonus. This report will also provide the Preliminary Pro Rata Need (PPRN) and the estimated ARD for each CoC.
What’s New for the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition
The list below highlights some important information regarding new concepts CoCs should consider while planning for the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition. This list is not exhaustive and additional details are in the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition NOFA. A full list of new, changed, and highlighted information is on the HUD Exchange and can also be found on the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition: Funding Availability page.
Transition Grants. Project applicants can transition their project(s) from one CoC Program Component to another during the CoC Program Competition using the funds to wind down the previous project while ramping up the new project. (Section II.B.2).
- Domestic Violence Bonus. CoCs can apply for up to 10 percent of their PPRN or a minimum of $50,000, whichever is greater, or a maximum of $5 million, whichever is less, to create up to three DV Bonus Projects to serve survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. (Section II.B.3). CoCs may create up to one of each of the following project types:
- Permanent Housing-Rapid Rehousing (PH-RRH;
- Joint Transitional Housing (TH) and Permanent Housing-Rapid Rehousing (PH-RRH) component project; and
- Supportive Services Only-Coordinated Entry (SSO-CE).
- Consolidated Project. Eligible renewal project applicants will have the ability to consolidate two or more (limit of four) eligible renewal projects into one project application during the application process. (Section II.B.4).
CoC Merger. CoCs that merged between the FY 2016 CoC Program Registration and FY 2018 CoC Program Registration process are eligible for merger bonus points. (Section II.B.5).
All information related to the FY 2018 CoC Program Competition is communicated via the HUD Exchange Mailing List. Join the mailing list to receive important updates and reminders.
If you are aware or suspect that the Collaborative Applicant, CoC members, or interested stakeholders are not currently receiving these listserv messages, please forward the following link, https://www.hudexchange.info/mailinglist/, to them so that they may register for the listserv messages as this is the only form of communication used by HUD to the public.
If you have questions related to subscribing to the HUD Exchange mailing list or have issues receiving listserv messages in your inbox please contact [email protected]. Please be sure to add [email protected] and [email protected] to your contact list or safe senders list. This ensures that messages from the HUD Exchange go to your inbox and are not filtered to your spam or junk folder.