The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is providing a panel discussion on how recovery happens even for people who have spent most of their lives without housing.
How can I reach someone who seems unaware that help is possible? How can I assist someone to set meaningful goals when they say that they have given up? If you have considered any of these questions then this webinar is for you! Our expert presenters will discuss:
- Motivational Interviewing and techniques to meet people where they are.
- How to apply harm reduction principles with Housing First through crisis housing.
- Housing individuals with active substance abuse and psychiatric conditions.
- Collaborations that can improve housing stability and whole health.
- How integrated health, behavioral health, and housing services using Housing First can improve a person’s housing stability and wellbeing.
Susan Pfefferle, Ph.D., from Abt Associates, will moderate presentations and discussion among:
- Pat Tucker, MBA, MA, Advocates for Human Potential
- Frances E. Isbell, MA, CEO, Healthcare for the Homeless Houston
- Cathy Crouch, Executive Vice President, SEARCH Housing Services
- Daniel Malone, MPH, Executive Director, Downtown Emergency Service Center (DESC)
Date: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 Time: 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM ET
This webinar is the third in HHRN’s Outreach and Engagement: Evidence-based Practices that Promote Recovery and Resilience.