HUD Continuum of Care (CoC) Application
The annual CoC application is composed of two parts; the Consolidated Application and the Priority Listing. The details regarding HUD priorities and additional threshold requirements are released for each funding year at the time of HUD’s Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the CoC Program. The 2017 NOFA was released on July 14th, 2017. The two parts of the CoC Application are briefly explained below:
Consolidated Application and HUD Project Priority Listing
The Consolidated Application is prepared and submitted by the DuPage County CoC’s designated Collaborative Applicant, DuPage County Community Services. HUD assesses CoCs nationwide on system-wide performance outcomes and coordination and scores and ranks CoCs accordingly to determine which CoCs will receive funding priority for project applications submitted by the CoC in the Priority Listing.
- 2017 CoC Application (PDF) coming soon
- 2017 HUD Project Priority Listing (PDF) coming soon
2017 HUD CoC NOFA Application
The DuPage County CoC has established a local process for assessing local gaps and needs, determining funding priorities for its CoC program, determining possible reallocations, inviting, reviewing, scoring and ranking projects according to successful performance that reflects the project’s ability to assist with addressing system-wide progress towards ending homelessness. The DuPage County CoC has established policies and procedures for this process.
All information regarding reallocation policy and procedure, local ranking, selection criteria and decision making processes can be found in the links below:
Evidence of CoC Communication to Project Applicants
This will notify all DuPage County Continuum of Care (CoC) members and stakeholders of the selection and ranking of all projects that applied in the 2017 CoC Funding Competition.
All projects submitted for funding were accepted and ranked.
The following documents are related to the CoCs project selection and ranking process:
- Ranking Policy of DuPage CoC (PDF)
- 2017 Project Tiering List in Ranked Order (PDF)
- Leadership Minutes 8-9-17 (PDF)
- 2017 Project Selection and Ranking Notification Memo (PDF)
- DCHD Reallocation Confirmation Memo (PDF)
- Email notification of Evidence of Communication to project applicants posting on 8-21-17 (PDF)
DuPage County Continuum of Care Process for Reallocation
This will notify all DuPage County Continuum of Care (CoC) members and stakeholders of the Reallocation policy re-adopted by the DuPage CoC Leadership Committee on 8-9-17.
All new and existing homeless providers were encouraged to apply for new projects through reallocation in the 2017 CoC Funding Competition.
It is the CoC’s responsibility to strategically determine how to best use the resources available to end homelessness within our community.
The CoC may reallocate funds from projects which are seen as lower performing and/or are not cost effective in order to create higher performing, cost effective projects.
The following documents related to the CoCs process for reallocation:
- Email Notification Request for New Projects through Reallocation 1-6-17 (PDF)
- 2017 Notice of Fund Availability (PDF)
- 2017 Reallocation Policy (PDF)
- Leadership Minutes 8-9-17 (PDF)
- Email notification of CoC Reallocation Process to project applicants posting on 8-24-17 (PDF)
2017 Rating and Review Process Documents
The DuPage County Continuum of Care is posting its Rating and Review Process documents for the 2017 Continuum of Care funding competition. We are making local ranking, selection criteria and decision making processes available for public inspection on the DuPage County website. These document the existence of a coordinated, inclusive, and outcome-oriented community process for the solicitation, objective review, ranking, and selection of CoC Program project applications. All project applications are evaluated and ranked based on the degree to which they improve the CoC system performance. The selection process includes reallocating from lower performing projects to higher performing projects. The documentation clearly demonstrates the CoC used objective criteria (e.g., project type, project performance, funding expenditures, monitoring results) in the review, ranking, and selection process for the FY 2017 CoC Program Competition. All documents related to the application, ranking, review and selection process are posted for public inspection. A 09/05/17 email announcement to the Continuum contact list informed community stakeholders that these materials are available for inspection here on our website.
- Email Notification to CoC members 1-6-17 with 2017 Notice of Fund Availability (PDF)
- Email Notification to CoC members on 1-31-17 with Ranking Criteria and application instructions (PDF)
- 2017 Notice of Fund Availability Document (PDF)
- 2017 Ranking Criteria (PDF)
- Pre-Application Form (PDF)
- 2017 CoC Application Schedule (PDF)
- Business Plan Questions (PDF)
- Cost Forms Application (PDF)
- Needs Assessment Minutes 3-9-17 with Initial Project Review (PDF)
- Grants Funding Minutes 4-11-17 with Project Scoring (PDF)
- Grants Funding Committee Minutes 5-9-17 (PDF)
- Leadership Committee Minutes 5-16-17 (PDF)
- Project Review Tables (PDF)
- 2017 Scoring Summary 8-1-17 with All Projects Average Scores and Final Total Scores (PDF)
- 2017 Ranking Policy (PDF)
- 2017 NOFA Memo After NOFA was Released (PDF)
- Grants Funding Committee Minutes 8-8-17 (PDF)
- Leadership Committee Minutes 8-9-17 for Project Tiering (PDF)
- Project Selection and Notification Memo Signed (PDF)
- DCHD Reallocation Confirmation Memo Signed (PDF)
- Project Tiering List 9-1-17 (PDF)
- Dated Email Notifying CoC Members of Project Selection and Ranking on 8-21-17 (PDF)
- Dated Email Notifying CoC Members of Public Posting of Rating and Review Documents on 9-5-17 (PDF)
For more information about the Continuum of Care process, please contact Mary Keating, Director of Community Services/Chair of the Leadership Committee for the DuPage County Continuum of Care Mary.Keating@dupageco.org. The HUD deadline for the Continuum of Care application is September 28th, 2017.